Inspire, Educate and help you regain your Vitality!
How Emotional And Mental Stress Can Affect Your Health …
Even When Your Nutrition Is On Target
By Camille Gallinger, CN
I recently listened to a speaker passionately communicate the reality of how all the nutritional work we do for ourselves can be unraveled by persistent emotional stress and mental pressure. I continue to be grateful that more Health Professionals are acknowledging and addressing the integrative components of health, well-being and vitality. Nutrition alone is hardly ever the answer. As a matter of fact, when physical symptoms show up suddenly, it’s worthy to ask what foundational causes may have contributed to your general sense of poor health or state of dis-ease; especially if you have undergone long-term stress or an unhealthy mindset.
Fatigue and pain continue to be the top complaints that send patients to their physicians. In addition to metabolic testing assessing of cells, blood, urine, gut health, etc., I hope that one day it will be required to ask the following questions, or something similar, on intake forms:
- What mental stressors keep you up or wake you up at night?
- Do you have friend or family relationships that you’re currently allowing to drain you?
- How healthy is your opinion of yourself?
- Do you take care of yourself as well as you care for others?
- Do you have a fulfilling outlet to express generosity and gratitude?
- Do you feel well-liked or generally un-liked?
- Are you regularly distracted by social media sites, internet surfing and/or the habit of multi-tasking?
- Do you regularly allow yourself vacations/staycations or healthy time away with your loved ones?
- Do you consistently allow yourself to become over-obligated?
- Do you have a tendency to be perfectionistic rather than excellent?
These may not be the most scientific of questions or even maybe a bit uncomfortable to be on medical forms but emotional/mindset issues play a huge role in the rate at which we heal or whether or not we heal. Exploring thoughts such as these make the client more accountable and thoughtful in his or her vitality and well-being strategy. I even find that leaders or influencers in the financial wellness industry explore questions like these. Our health and vitality is worth far more. What other questions could you add? Send them to me in the comments section.
Wisdom Source: Carefully consider the path of your feet, and all your ways will be established. Proverbs 4:26 (HCSB)